Sunday, February 8

Last Day Before School...

After a long Saturday night making and hanging out with new friends, thanks to my roommate Gabrielle-a Brazilian guy, I did a lot of relaxing today. I only left the house once, but...

When I left the house I heard some drums and music and whatnot, there was a small samba group getting ready for Carnaval, it was awesome a very cool beat and everything...but the best part was on the way home

When I got back close to my street could here some more music, so I followed it, I came up to a truck with a bunch of people in the back of it playing instruments and singing...and then in the street there was all the percussionists with hundreds of people all around them dancing...half the men didn't have shirts and half the people were barefoot dancing in the street, and the best part...it was raining like crazy!! As I stood there watching, all I could think of was "When in Rome..." haha, so I jumped in and started dancing with them...it was so so awesome!! I loved it!! I was completely drenched by the end of it (the photo is once I got home, my shirt is supposed to be light green, but there wasn't a dry spot on it). I even got in the middle of a conga line rolling through the middle of the crowd. I wish everyone could be down here to be doing this with me (especially Tayler :-) )

I can't wait for Carnaval!! This is only a small taste of what is to come!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty sweet! I'm glad you are enjoying yourself so far!

Steve

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're having fun so far. Be safe. Love you.
Dad