Thursday, February 12

A Week or so...

I finished my first week of school...yeah not much to talk about there, haha, too much else going on. Although my teachers are cool, one's from Germany, the other from Brazil

To end my first week of school, we heard about some Escolas de Samba that were near my place, all the schools that are participating in Carnaval are practicing for it, but everyone is invited and it's more of a party than a practice, haha. It was an absolute blast, just crazy load music with everyone singing and dancing along. It was ridiculously awesome!!


So...apparently I live in the best district in Sao Paulo, Vila Madalena, everyone know it is the best, they'll say "Oh, Vila Madalena, the best bars in town". Apparently, it has the best bars, although they consider it a bar while I think of it more as a restaurant with a bar, but anyways everyone I tell where I live that's always the first thing I say. I love this spot, very cultural and lots of things to do.
When Brazilians go to bars, it is definelty more of a relaxed, chilling type atmosphere. A lot of times they have live music and everyone will share their beer, one bottle for the table, while everyone has small glasses they pour it into. A cool, different way to drink with friends.

Tchau

No comments: