Friday, December 7

Tug-O-War

So...the other day Wendy was telling me how she thought that I named this blog East to West because I love to travel. I guess that could be another reason why I called it East to West(thanks Wendy)

So...what's been on my mind the last few weeks and especially the last few days, is I feel some sort of "tug" on my heart from God to go on another mission trip next year. It's kind of a different feeling than before though, like I absolutely love going on mission trips like this, but I don't know exactly if God wants me to go (I know that totally just contradicted that last sentence). Let me explain...

I brought this idea up to my small group, for us to all try and go on a trip, and they were really excited...some more than others of course...but since I know how amazing these trips can be it got me really excited that others in my small group wanted to go. That brings us up to date

The things going on in my head are I'm wondering if God wants me to go next year or just make sure others can get a chance to go, cause this can change their life, and I don't want to go just because it would be cool (and it really would be AWESOME!!) I want to go because God wants me to go. If God didn't want me to go I would still be excited to see others go, that have never had a chance like this before, and I would do everything I could to help them go on the trip (even though from my experience, if God wants you to go, he'll make sure you get there)

What I'm dealing with now and praying about is wondering what exactly is that "tug" on my heart is. If it were up to me I would be flying over the Atlantic already, but it's not up to me, as much as I wish it were sometimes

Peace

Oh...and if you ever do go on a trip like this...HOLD on to your passport

1 comment:

Theophilus Rux said...

Yeah, and you still owe me a passport holder! lol

I'm sure God will reveal to you in His own good time what that tug means, through prayer and the counsel of other believers, but I hope along with you that it means He wants you going as well. But even if it doesn't, I know you'll enjoy helping others get to the field to have some of the same amazing experiences you have. That is yet another opportunity to serve, and that seems right up your alley.

See ya soon.

Pax Domine,
Tedd