Thursday, December 13

Gingerbread House...

Alright, so...My college group at church had their Christmas party tonight, lots of fun, it started it out kinda slow, but picked up some steam and we had a really good time

After dinner we had a competition between the four different small groups, a gingerbread-house-making competition

At first, I was thinking this might be a little gay, but I'll try and make the best of it (it didn't help that my small group forgot to bring candy to decorate it, except for one-Thanks Megan). So we only had a box of Snowcaps and Dots to decorate our house...we saw it as an opportunity to be creative

We had no idea what we were gonna do...So I started trying to put four walls together, but when I tried to lean them on each other they just fell outwards (stay with me...there's a reason I'm telling this story)

As soon as I saw the walls fall outwards I yelled out "It's Jericho" (from the story when the Israelites walk around Jericho one time for six days and on the 7th day the walked around seven times, etc. from Joshua 5 and 6)

So we went with it...don't know why...but we did

Our whole gingerbread house was four graham crackers laying down with frosting on the crackers with Snowcaps all over the place and the dots lined in a circle around "Jericho" representing the Israelites walking around the city...That's all we used...That's it


The other groups had like two or three grocery bags full of candy and different snacks to decorate their houses, and they did some pretty sick work on them, way better than ours...

After we were all done they were all judged, and I got to explain to the judges what our represented, and went on to tell them that they have to keep the creativity in mind when deciding

So they decided and brought everyone together to announce the winner...Jill did the presenting and gave the honorable mention announcements for the three non-winning groups and explain what was good about each one

But she didn't mention my groups...I was thinking..."uhhh...they can't be serious"...then she got to the final award and called me up to receive the award (which was a whisk), I was in total shock, I didn't think anyone would take our serious...let alone the judges

Our team/small group was pretty excited, it was a perfect way to end the party, we were all pretty shocked and excited

My heart goes out to the other houses, they were all done very well and were totally awesome, we just went the more creative route...I guess

Peace

1 comment:

Matt said...

Man, I missed a good gingerbread house making. Good Job guys!