Wednesday, September 17

#7

As of about a week and a half ago I am no longer a leader in the college group, Collide, at my church. I have been in the group for about four years, two of which I have been a small group leader

This all started around the beginning of summer...I have been leading , basically, the same group of college guys and girls (which have all become great friends) and when we ended our lessons and whatnot last semester, I knew down deep that God wanted me to move on from the group and let new leaders emerge within it. But...there's always a but, haha...anyways...because I was out of town so much this summer I never really thought much about what God wanted me to do and I wasn't able to talk to Med (college group leader) about it. In the little that I did talk to him, we decided that I should just lead another group, I thought it was a fair compromise.

When I got back home and everything started back up again, our meetings and preparation, it all came back that maybe God didn't have this in His plans for me...even with the compromise. As we met and talked about stuff I couldn't get it out of my head; then Kevin talking about obeying God and everything, it was really driving me crazy.

I figured I could pull it off and still be a good leader...and what else would I do anyways...

Finally, I broke down to God and decided to step out of leadership knowing that it is what He wanted

My old group will hopefully go well, some changes were made amidst some drama that I think shouldn't have been made, but God knows best

This semester God is having me focus on school, learning Portuguese, and just attending a small group to relax and keep growing with my Lord

Peace

1 comment:

The Sommermeyers said...

Hey, e-mail me your current address, I am getting the current one kicked back