Wednesday, January 2

EMBRACE!!!

Has anyone seen the movie Stuck on You? If you haven't, it's about two brothers Bob (Matt Damon) and Walt (Greg Kinnear) who are Siamese ("American") twins, aka conjoined twins. Walt wants to become an actor in Hollywood, but it is made hard cause he is a conjoined twin. He makes it on a show with Cher, with the production doing camera tricks to make it look like he's not conjoined

Anyways...Josh has talked about how he looks at movies to try and learn something more about God...I didn't plan on that in this movie, but like a day after watching it a line in the movie stuck in my head

Walt was becoming this big time actor, but then the media fund out he was conjoined...his agent was telling them to "run, run, run" but their friend April (Eva Mendes) told them the answer was easy "Embrace"

That's when I started making correlations between this movie and our lives
  • In the media's eyes they weren't perfect, just like we aren't perfect
  • The easy thing to do would be to "run, run, run" from God
  • The smart thing would be to "embrace" who we are

If they were to just run away they never would have been successful, but when they embraced it everything became a lot easier, trying to hide it from everyone

If we runaway from God when things aren't going good we'll never get to the potential God has for us...if we embrace and tell God "I know I'm not perfect, I know I will never be perfect...but God use me as I am, I love you and want to serve you, and you alone"

It's like that song...Just as I am...just worship God they way you are, don't let Satan hold you back...saying "your terrible, you can't worship God, you have too many things wrong with you, you're not worthy"

"Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead," Philippians 3:13

So...Embrace who you are and what God has planned for you

Peace

1 comment:

Theophilus Rux said...

Another cool song that comes to mind... not so much the embracing who we are part as simply not waiting until the day we're rid of all our hang-ups (which I don't think will ever come this side of heaven), would be,

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face;
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace."


And of course there's always Hebrews 12:1, 2, which I'll just hyperlink so as not to take up too much space. :)

Good stuff.