Wednesday, January 2

A Day for the Books

So...me and Ryan decided to go snowboarding yesterday, but to do that we would have had to wake up at 5 to get there when it opened. So...instead we decided to go up right after New Years. We left right around 1 in the morning and were just gonna sleep in the truck when we got there

Somewhere along they way one of us had the idea to hike the mountain when we got there, and ride down

We got to the mountain about 3 and hiked about half a mile or so up the mountain (which turned out to be a blue run...pretty steep). After almost dying on the way up from the hike and lack f oxygen (I gained a whole new respect for people that climb Everest...and this was only 10,000 feet), we finally got to a spot where we would strap into our boards

That was probably the coolest run I have ever done...down the mountain only lite up by the moon...definitely worth the hike

We got to the truck about 4 and tried sleeping in the bed (it was ten degrees outside, but I didn't actually get cold) but it was comfortable at all...so we tried sleeping in the tiny cab, which wasn't much more comfortable

I think I ended up falling asleep at 5:30 or 6, and woke up at 7:30...not a lot of sleep for a whole day of snowboarding ahead

Anyways, the snowboarding was awesome...I can tell I get better every time I go, I can't wait to go again

(Here's the view from one of the chairlifts; you can't really see it, but in the distance is the Grand Canyon...pretty sweet)

Peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds pretty sweet.

I wish I caould go snowboarding more often. It's usually too cold here, plenty of snow, but the cold keeps me at home.

Theophilus Rux said...

That does sound like fun! Except for the cold part. :)