Friday, December 21

Pointless

I want to get to a point...where there is no point...

Let me explain...

In the shower yesterday, I got to thinking (I seem to do the best thinking there, for some reason)...Lately I've been trying to figure out where I need to get to have this awesome relationship with my Abba...For example...If I want to have this awesome relationship, I start thinking..."Well, if I do this and do this and get rid of that...then I'll have a good relationship with Him"

Then, in the shower I was thinking about all that

Why do I think there is a certain point?

Is there a certain point?

After pondering it for a while...I figured out that there shouldn't be a point

I want to be so in love with God to where that's all I focus on...not all the other things that fill my mind...

Of course I want to do a lot of amazing things for God and get rid of sin in my life...but I don't want that to be my focus...I want God to be my focus

Just my thoughts...

Peace

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once heard someone say that our walk with God is a journey, not a race. We are not trying to get to the end point as fast as we can, but are enjoying the journey we are on with Him. It's more a process than something that changes, and then we never look back.

Josh Burcham said...

Great Post. It got me to post on my blog about it. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Too often do people spend too much time worrying about "tomorrow". There's no doubt you know of the verse that explains not to. It is a life lesson that many have and shall learn. Unfortunately, it takes learning the long/harder way for certain people. People tend to get so caught up in the midst of all the imperfections that they want to strain away, when all along God wants us to "just be". He desires our heart close to His always and when our focus strays from the bigger picture, we find ourselves lost. And that is when it takes everything within us imperfect beings to be vulnerable to God. Our lifestyles will naturally change to a state where they will do absolutely nothing but glorify God in the end.