Thursday, March 5

Sad Day...

Yesterday was a day that made me sad...why?...Because of the NHL

First it was very depressing to look at the Western Conference playoff standings and to see my three favorite teams as the three worst teams...I had so much hope this year, especially for the Coyotes since there were in 5th place in the West going into the All-Star break...but losing 9 of the next 10 games after the break, they quickly fell to 14th place...Sad Day...

On top of that, the trade deadline was yesterday, and again the Coyotes continued to disappoint...They sent off (in my opinion) their best scorer, Olli Jokinen, their best defenseman, Derek Morris, their best fighter, Daniel Carcillo, and their best backup goalie, Mikael Tellqvist. None of them make a ton of money, except Jokinen, so there wasn't much reason to dish them off...Jokinen makes a ton of money, so I can see why they got rid of him, but Morris has been an amazing leader for the Coyotes since aquired from the Avs. If any defenseman needed to be dished it should have been Jovanoski, making about 7 million a year and not even having 30 points then with a -15 rating on top of it!

The Coyotes have been rebuilding for the last few years and it finally looked like they had a set team with them soon to be making runs a playoffs every year...I was wrong.

Oh well...you take the good with the bad in sports...I know there's a lot more that goes into it, this is just from my perspective...gripes and all

Oh...and...all the Coyotes got in return was a couple no-name players and a few draft picks

Tchau

No comments: