Thursday, March 27

No Pain...No Gain...

It's been so long since my last post...I don't even know what to talk about. I've been putting it off cause I wanted to have something really good to be my first post in 2 months...but anyways I decided to just do it

So much has been going on lately, it would be way, way too much to write about (I don't want a super long post...haha)

So...I'll just talk about what's been on my heart and mind lately...We (being the college group) were given the opportunity/challenge by Pastor to come up with our own "college" style service. It's been a crazy mix of emotions about it: excitement, eagerness, anxiety, passion, inadequate, and more.

Excitement...because of what can come of this service, if God chooses. It can be a whole new dimension for college kids and more to worship Our Jesus

Eagerness...can't wait to do the service and get it going month after month...amazing

Anxiety...this isn't something to be feeling, but it's true. Doing something new for God is very stressful, but it's for God, so...NO WORRIES!!

Passion...I have this passion for God to get college students to take Him serious and figure out who His son really is, a big reason this service is so important

Inadequacy...I don't feel adequate for the job but I have faith/trust that God is in control, so...NO WORRIES!!

There's my thoughts and good stuff...yeah

Peace,

Andrew

2 comments:

Theophilus Rux said...

You know I have to jump in with a C.S. Lewis quote! In the book Prince Caspian, Aslan asks Caspian, at the inception of his reign, if he felt sufficient to take up the Kingship. Caspian replied, "I don't think I do, Sir; I'm only a kid." Aslan's response: "Good. If you had felt yourself sufficient, it would have been a proof that you were not."

I do not see your perception of inadequacy as a weakness—rather, an indicator that you will be looking in the right Place for your strength and direction. Happily, you seem more inclined naturally to do that a lot more of the time than some—myself included sometimes, I'm afraid.

Good to see you finally writing again! I was afraid you'd forgotten your password or something. :)

Peace to you, and all God's blessing on your new venture in that service! I think it has the potential to be earth-shaking.

Tedd

Wendy said...

You are so cool, Andrew. I was just telling Steve how I think you are such a good kid & really enjoying life right now.

You are a young, traveling, experiencing new things, serving God's Kingdom in great ways, looking for fun, etc. Aaah ... to be young again!

Anyhow, I think it's amazing that you guys are putting the college service together. Remember, God doesn't want us to think we are adequate, otherwise we wouldn't rely on him or make it his will/vision, but our own. I'm very excited to see this service get off the ground. I like the name you guys thought of & the video interviews you talked about at ASU. Good ideas!

Glad to see you blogging again. I posted a few recently myself. Miss you!